24.11.12

LAKE TAUPO

So these are a few pictures of Taupo. I didn't take a lot of pictures because we were only staying there for one day and we had some sort of a lazy afternoon and a walk next to the lake.

I was thinking about doing this Tongariro crossing (a 7h hike) the following day, but decided not to do it by myself because everything I read about it said you have to be in a good condition to do it, and to be honest, that's not the case, so I'd probably need someone to encourage me when all my energy was gone. And I was lucky I didn't because the following day the Tongariro volcano erupted after 115 years (you can see some pictures here) while about 70 people where doing this crossing. I heard they had to run for their lives but I'm not sure if that is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment