26.10.14

Why you should visit London's South Bank


I was planning to not visit any neighborhoods that have 'super tourist' written all over it on my trip with Thomas Cook. But when I decided to walk to Tate Modern next to the water, I ended up right in the middle of it... And surprisingly it was good... :)

First of all. It feels a bit like your outside of the big city, you can walk through the park with great views over the Thames and the London Skyline. Those are not just views on the skyline but also on the Big Ben tower and the Houses of Parliament. Yes yes, very touristy but very enjoyable. I also discovered some nice bars, street art (I'm repeating myself but I can't help myself) and of course... had another visit to Tate Modern. By far, one of my favorite European musea. Also worth the visit: the Tate Bookshop! Oh, please leave some time (and savings) for this one. You'll need it!

4 comments:

  1. Ik geloof dat ik die wandeling naar Tate Modern op de eerste dag tijdens mijn eerste bezoek (alleen!) naar Londen heb gedaan. Great memories, amai. Zalig dat Thomas Cook u op reis heeft gestuurd, btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha super! geen Londen zonder great memories denk ik zo :)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, this post takes me back to when I visited London last year! As usual, love your photos Tinne :)

    Tee @ www.Rotten-One.com

    ReplyDelete