23.10.14

Big love for East London

It had been ages since I had been to London, one of my favorite European cities. You can imagine how excited I got, when I got invited by Thomas Cook to go on a trip with them. I immediately started to plan the whole thing. First here, then there. But then I arrived and realized... Time to relax, and get lost. Because after all, that's still the best way to experience and discover a city.

I thought I did know London a fair bit, but the more I go there, the bigger it's getting. This time I spend so much time in East London, I almost forgot about the rest of the city. East London, it's a party for your eyes. There's colorful murals and street art everywhere, extremely good looking people with great fashion styles and the coolest shops with the most amazing and original stuff. I just kept walking, taking pictures, trying the best street food, doing some people watching and mostly buying cool things I absolutely did not need. I got so inspired and energized by this all. So you can imagine I had a very hard time not to say - what the hell, I'm staying! (and also not to spend all my savings in one weekend)

Now I can almost hear you think you'd love to go too. So go check out Thomas Cook's website for some great deals!

10 comments:

  1. In love with your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, love to hear that! :)

      Delete
  2. REALLY (really!) lovely pictures here! You have such a great eye. Out of curiosity, do you use any presets in Lightroom to get these moody but vibrant shots? I have to admit, sometimes I'm asked this very question and it kind of makes me feel as though someone is insinuating that I'm just taking pics willy-nilly and Lightroom is doing all the work. In contrast, I just want you to know that you are an incredibly skilled photographer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks!! this already made my day :)

      Well, I do have to say, using a 50mm lens (f1/4) does the biggest part. It makes all the photos super colorful and bright. Some of them are edited with Radlab, it kind of depends on how much light I had to work with... the less light I had, the more radlab I used :)

      I wrote a post about the program in this post: http://www.elsewhere-blog.com/2014/03/tips-for-photo-editing-part-1.html ).

      X

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. such a lovely place, isn't it! :) :)

      Delete
  4. WOW what a beautiful pictures! Really love it and London is a great city! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely keep this in mind for my trip to London next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca!! Enjoy your trip!

      Delete
  5. A great visual overview of some of the most interesting places in East London.

    ReplyDelete