6.5.14

Make your trip unique: 5 useful websites



Over the past months I've been collecting all sorts of travel related websites. Websites that are able to give you a unique experience while visiting a new city / country. I'm so happy there's so much initiatives of young people to make it easy to meet new people while traveling or moving to a new place.

Eatwith

A great online community, which allows people to organise dinner parties at their homes. Basically you'll be joining locals and travelers for dinner, lunch or even brunch. You will not just meet new people but also experience eating home made traditional food of different countries made by people that are passionated about it.

Find out more at www.eatwith.com 

Couchsurfing

Most people think this website just allows you to find a (free) place to stay while traveling. Well, getting accommodation at the house of locals is just one aspect of the whole couchsurfing experience. There's couchsurfing meetings to get to know locals and fellow travelers or you can find yourself a local guide on there, and what is better than seeing a city through the eye of a local?

Find out more at www.couchsurfing.org

Roadsharing

So you want to travel but you don't have a big budget? Hitchhiking is a good option but not always the easiest. This website has a list of cars leaving from your location, going to several destinations. It's not for free but it's a lot cheaper and a lot more adventurous than traveling by plane.

Find out more at www.roadsharing.com

Citinerary 

An amazing idea and concept, which I cannot wait to try out myself. The people behind citinerary will help you with finding hotspots in Amsterdam that match your interests. Meeting locals and getting the best out of your citytrip, I wish this existed for every city!

Find out more at www.citinerary.net

Airbnb

This one has been on for quite a while as well and I think it's a really good way to travel. Basically you rent a room in someones house. It does cost a bit, depending on neighborhood and room but the experience is so much more fun and unique than just going to a hotel!

Find out more at www.airbnb.com


Do you know any other great travel related websites? Please let me know :-) the list is never long enough!

12 comments:

  1. A great I didn't know Eatwith and it is just the platform I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly what I was looking for as well! Food & travel, there's on better combination :-)

      Delete
  2. Lijken me allemaal interessante dingen voor wanneer je gaat reizen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zeker eens testen dan he ;-) !!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the tips! I can't wait to try some of them out myself, I've only used couchsurfing so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great!! :-) let me know if you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. Oh such great links! I wish I'd known about the Eatwith community before going to Asia last week. I'll have to save it for a future trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe you can try it in your homecountry? Might be a fun idea as well :)

      Delete
  5. http://reservationcounter.com/ Might be a useful one as well if you need some fast hotel price compare tool ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so sad that Citinerary isn't a worldwide thing too! Can we work on that?! Gosh. That would be amazing. Love your links. Glad to be following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! I recently saw they're expanding! Rotterdam, Bucharest and Oslo are also on the list now :) who knows what is following! :)

      Delete