30.5.14

Hamburg photo diary - Altstadt & Neustadt

Being home is good but now and then there's just a need to leave again for a little while. Right in between projects I made this trip to Hamburg. A little escape that gave me a lot of new energy!

I've been wanting to visit Hamburg for quite a while now. I heard stories that it is a smaller version of Berlin, and since Berlin was love at first sight, I really had to check it out. I have the impression it's not a super popular city trip destination (my friends said: WHY on earth would you go to Hamburg?!) but if you didn't know: it's Germany's second biggest city and it's supposed to be the home of the hamburger right?! Reasons enough to go I'd say! And for your interest, it was a great trip! Wouldn't be sharing it otherwise :-)

The first set of pictures were taken in the city center. Next to an awful lot of shops (a real shopping paradise it is) the center is filled with beautiful old buildings, a lot of water ways that come with a lot of bridges and a big amount of cute little cafes. A small squatter neighborhood, called Gängeviertel, caught my eye immediately. In this neighborhood, lots of artists live and work. It's a little creative spot in the chique and luxurious city center of Hamburg. It was a little bit love at first sight as well!

4 comments:

  1. Ughhhh, jealous! Hamburg is on my list of places to go but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    (Weirdly enough, my friends had the exact opposite reaction. They're all like "WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN YET?" Though they thought my obsession with Dresden (and, hell, east Germany in general) was weird so... it balances out?)

    Gorgeous photos! The canals look amazing.

    http://niconicobella.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!! :) well I haven't been to Dresden yet, which I should probably add on the list :)


      Delete
  2. Schöne Bilder! Hamburg is an awesome city! I love it!
    Greetings from Australia,
    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete