23.2.14

Impulsive day trip to Ghent, Belgium

I could say Ghent is my second hometown in Belgium. I moved here when I was 16 years old to study fine arts in high school, which was a great idea. I enjoyed it so much that when I was 18, I decided to attend a college there, not just because I loved the subject of the courses but also because of this perfect location. So now, every single time I go back, to meet up with friends or just to visit the city, I get all this nostalgic memories :-)

The pictures I'm showing you now are from an impulsive 'let's do something fun on a monday' - trip. Great for Mondays, but I guess Tuesdays are even better (since a lot of my favorite coffee places and shops were closed…). Well… At least it's a good reason to go back soon!

Ha, little iPhone panorama shot ;-) tourist style!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful place so picturesque!

    www.steffystravelblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it definitely is!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Wat een mooie fotos! Lijkt me een mooie stad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dankje !! heel mooi en ook nog eens heel leuk, er valt altijd wel wat te beleven en er zijn echt superleuke cafeetjes enzo :-)

      Delete
  3. Mijn stadje <3 (Weeral) supermooie foto's, Tinne. En uw nieuwe lay-out, wauw! Mag ik u contacteren om mijn blog opnieuw wat 'vorm' te geven? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danku :D dat mag je zeker, maar nu even niet want moet even rusten na deze zware bevalling :D

      Delete
  4. Genk is een wonderfull city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that Ghent is amazing. For me, it's simply the essence of Belgium concentrated in a small, but intimate town, with a lot of stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete