2.2.14

MUSSELS FROM BRUSSELS


I've been back for a couple of weeks now and some people have been asking why it is taking such a long time for me to write a new blog post, I thought it was about time to give you a little photo tour in my home country: Belgium. No fancy tropical plants and beaches here but small cities, a big mix of cultures and languages and a very complicated political system (which I won't be explaining to you :-) ). And before I forget, the best part: great fries, beers and a variety of desserts, Think waffles and chocolate!

Lets start with the first set of photos in our capital city, Brussels! This little set shows a couple of different neighborhoods. A couple of very touristy places, but I promise, I won't show you 'Manneken Pis', for those who are interested… Google is your friend. :-) I tried to capture some street art and some architecture styles, like the Grand Place, which is world heritage and some Art Nouveau buildings.

6 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! It looks like a really beautiful city. I went there a few years ago, but I want to go back now! It's a 1,5h from my town. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, if it is that close, it's definitely worth another visit :-)

      Delete
  2. Tof tof tof! Brussel > Gent, toch wel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gent blijft toch ook wel dikke liefde :D

      Delete
  3. Oh ik heb zoveel zin om nog eens te Brusselen! Echt een fijne stad, jammer dat ik er niet meer zo vaak kom. (En mooie foto's natuurlijk!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danku! Hoewel ik soms een gemengd gevoel heb over Brussel vind ik het toch ook een toppertje. Het voelt een beetje als op reis gaan in eigen land :-)

      Delete