7.3.14

TIPS FOR PHOTO EDITING PART 1

A couple of you have been asking how I edit my pictures and I promised them to make a post about this so here we go.

I noticed that it's not always as easy to edit your pictures in Photoshop. I'm not a professional photographer myself but I do like to get professional looking effects. About a year ago I discovered this plugin for Photoshop called RadLab. At first I wasn't quiet sure if it is actually worth spending money on a plugin like this. But I have to say… After my 14 days of free trial, I was so addicted that I had to :-) It's the best fun to play around with, seriously, this can keep me busy for days and the best part: it's super easy and the result is just stunning.

RadLab comes with pre made filters. There are filters to sharpen your pictures, filters with modern colors, vintage colors (fell in love with these immediately), black&white filters and other effects. These are all adjustable and you can mix and match. Basically you have endless possibilities!! All my pictures were edited with different mixes of all these filters (and sometimes filters I found elsewhere). Oh, you can also save your filter recipes to work even faster. See, things like this just make me happy :-)

So let's start with some mixes of the vintage filters, I made some examples for you:

First photo is a mix of 'Skinny Jeans' and 50% of the 'Lux Soft' filter. The 'Skinny Jeans' is definitely one of my favorites as you might already have noticed in my blogposts...

This filter is called 'Rumpus'.

'Blueberry Cobbler' + I put up the color warmth in the picture with 15%.

This is one of my favorite filters for pictures taken on a rainy day. It's called 'Montecito'.

'Flora' + I put up the light with 10%.

A mix of 25% extra light + 'Boutwell Magic Glasses' + 'Vanilla Kiss'.

'Montecito' + 20% of 'Skinny Jeans'.

'Vanilla Kiss' + 'Skinny Jeans'.

The 'Handlebar Moustache' filter gets a little grain in the picture, which I like a lot.

50% 'Blueberry Cobbler' + 50% 'Pistachio'.



Really hope this was a good help. If you want to get the plugin / the free trail, don't forget to check out their website here!.

17 comments:

  1. Looks like some great filters! I'll be definitely doing the trail do edit my Thailand photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay can't wait to see them :)

      Delete
  2. Wajo, de max! Dit blogpostje wordt zéker bewaard :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ben blij dat het aanslaat, er volgen zeker nog zo'n posts :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this post! I love your pictures! Do you know if they have the "skinny jeans" and "Vanilla Kiss" preset for lightroom 5? And do you know if I could only buy these presets?
    thanks!
    Greetings from Australia,
    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadja,
      well I'm not sure about it, but you can get their free tryout on the following link:
      http://www.gettotallyrad.com/tryit/?id=1605 !!
      cheers :-)

      Delete
  4. Awesome photos! And RadLab sounds much easier than photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it definitely is :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing tips, can't wait to try them out on a couple photos...Radlab sounds so easy! Thank you!

    letmetravelforever.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, let me know how it goes!! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! Thanks for a really nice tips (and blog). I am already downloading it :-)

    /Sofia
    www.fantasiresor.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome :) enjoy!!

      Delete
  7. The Photo-editing tips and tricks will help you work quicker and are essential knowledge for anyone who wants to improve their photo editing ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tinne,

    Ik heb mijn foto's van Canada bewerkt met deze app en ik vind het geweldig. Ik zou hem graag kopen als mijn trial dagen voorbij zijn. Ik heb gezien dat het 149 euro is, maar weet jij of je dat één keer moet betalen, per jaar moet betalen of per maand moet betalen? Ik vind deze gegevens nergens terug.

    groetjes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's called photo editing from real professionals. Looks really natural and gorgeous too. Would you please write a tutorial on image retouching works? Then I will never have to rely on any photoshop services online providers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first photo is really awesome. I am really amazed by the photo editing works. True to say, the edited picture looks more natural and fresh than the original. If this kind of editing is possible for all photos, I don't think that I need to hire any professional clipping path service provider from now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You most definitely have made this all photo into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you've covered so many bases. Thanks!
    Neck Joint Service/Clipping Path Service/photo retouching Service/Image Masking Service

    ReplyDelete