28.9.13

first impressions of bali

Again, it's been a while. I spent 3 weeks with my friends Nele and Fien in Bali, Lombok and the Gili Islands. This great trip started in Kuta, a place that I wouldn't really recommend because to be honest, it's not really worth going there unless you're into discotheques and fake brand shopping. But I have to admit that I had a great time there the first 2 days.

When I first arrived I met up with Stijn and Peter, 2 friends from Ghent that I know from college. The next day Fien and Nele arrived and we met up with Fien's sister and her boyfriend. Yes, a lot of Belgians in one place. Definitely great to speak Flemish all day and laugh with the good old days in school :-) AND the best part: I got to eat 'stoofvlees met frieten' (some great Belgian dish) in a little Belgian restaurant! Instant happiness. There are not a lot of pictures but there will be more blogposts about the rest of the trip the next days/weeks.

It was great to arrive in Asia again. There's just something happening ALL the time. The first day, we found a baby turtle on the beach and saw how a little shop got on fire and how dozens of locals put out the fire with little buckets. And then of course all the Indonesians trying to sell us something (which kept on going for the rest of the trip). I cannot count how many times people asked: transport? massage? buy? sarong? manicure? taxi? just looking? bracelet? hellooo misssss, hellooo ladyyy ... Only in Asia. What can I say.

1 comment:

  1. Hihi ja, Azië. Herkenbaar zo, al die vragen :) Een beetje ergerlijk maar die mensen proberen ook maar wat geld te verdienen hé... En damn, ik zou momenteel veel geld geven voor een weekje Indonesië :D Geniet er nog van, Tinne!

    ReplyDelete